The 16th International Restaurant Business Exhibition
October 1–4, 2013. Crocus Expo International Exhibition Centre
The 16th International PIR Exhibition – a major exhibition project in the HoReCa segment in Russia and the CIS countries – is to be held in Moscow on October 1–4, 2013 (Crocus Expo International Exhibition Centre). PIR will once again bring together restaurateurs, chefs and pastry cooks, suppliers, distributors, investors and everybody else who is eager to develop, to keep abreast of the latest developments in the restaurant business and the up-to-date culinary trends.
Extensive exposition will cover all market segments: over 850 Russian and foreign companies will exhibit newly developed professional equipment, new food products and beverages, crockery, furniture and textile as well as introduce the most interesting projects related to services for restaurants.
Every year competent market experts including successful restaurateurs, renowned chefs, managers of well-known companies in the HoReCa segment take part in the PIR events. Unique business program covering conferences, round tables, business seminars, individual consultation and presentations is drawn up with their involvement. Training culinary master classes are organized with support from the National Guild of Chefs. «Exclusive» Culinary Arts Academy rendered support to organizing impressive competitions.
Russian cuisine as such, a particular cultural and historical value of our country, is going to be an outstanding feature of PIR 2013. The PIR program aims to further the exhibition development, promotion and international expansion. This will be a cross-cutting issue of the exhibition key events: professional competitions including the 6th International Kremlin Culinary Cup and the 4th Student PIR and a range of master classes under the 11th All-Russian Culinary Congress.
Russian cuisine will be the focus of one of the days on the main exhibition platform – Central Arena: in the course of spectacular half hourly shows the leading Russian chefs promoting ethnic Russian cuisine will demonstrate their own original interpretation of traditional recipes and individual vision of modern Russian cuisine.
Thematic forums on «Bakery and Confectionery», «Business», «Catering», «Meat and Fish», «Training. Personnel. Career» will be held as part of the exhibition.
The key events of PIR 2013 will include:
- Central Arena – epicenter of the most relevant and trend events of the exhibition. New unique format of master classes. World trends only! The platform will host informative presentations by renowned world and Russian culinary experts on the following topics: «Russian Cuisine», «Global Leader-Scandinavian Cuisine», «Art of Confectionery»..
- The 11th All-Russian Culinary Congress – program of training master classes on Russian cuisine by renowned chefs and confectioners from Russia and Europe. For the first time ever master classes by chefs will be accompanied by evening excursions to their restaurants where participants in the congress will have an opportunity to view the restaurant kitchen and to taste dishes on the set menu.
- School of Restaurant Business Managers – training events focused on the most essential aspects of doing business in the restaurant market: efficient approaches to starting up business, employing up-to-date promotion methods, increasing the facility competitiveness and profits, making sales and maintaining effective relationship with personnel and many other things.
- The 6th International Kremlin Culinary Cup – international competitions of professional cooks and pastry cooks organized with support from the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS). Every year over 300 competitors from various countries take part in the program and over 500 shows are held as part of the Cup. This year innovations include Bakery and Confectionary Cups and an opportunity to win an individual Cup apart from a team one.
- The 5th Jubilee Forum «Training. Personnel. Career» – This year the event program is to be scaled up. Training sessions on the personnel performance, recruitment and training await guests to the event. The 4th Youth Culinary and Service Championship «Student PIR» for the students of profile higher education institutions and colleges will be held as part of a forum under the general title «Russian Cuisine». Able and committed students will have a chance to demonstrate their knowledge and professional skills in many areas. So far 40 education institutions from across Russia have already applied for participation in the championship!
- Forum «Catering» – a platform organized through joint efforts with CateringConsulting.ru to introduce ambitious business ideas put forward by the leading market players, successful experience of the world leaders, the latest trends and up-to-date technology and the most promising areas – from meals in transport to premium catering. Competitions on «Best catering» will be held for the first time.
- Program for Restaurant Equipment Suppliers – individual services for representatives of equipment supplying companies aimed at raising the efficiency of participation in the exhibition. Separate business platform for the restaurant equipment experts only: access to Wi-Fi, Internet-connected computer and other office equipment, an opportunity to hold business discussions in a calm atmosphere while having a cup of tea or coffee. Special events program and complementary information content are being developed as well.
Large-scale exhibitions to be held concurrently with PIR 2013:
- International Exhibition Moscow Coffee and Tea Expo – new projects for the coffee and tea industry professionals. Venue – Hall No 14. 12 thematic platforms under the exhibition will display products and services and offer varied programs (over 800 events) for baristas, barmen, coffee roaster; managers and owners of cafes, restaurants, bars and coffee houses and other specialists from the sector.
- The 2nd International Exhibition «Hotel. Construction and Maintenance» – will be held for the second time in a separate venue – Hall No 13. Special focus will be placed on new hotel designs. The exhibition will also include a conference on «Tourism Infrastructure Development in Russian Regions», 4 fora («Cost-Effective Use of Resources and Energy Efficiency», «Cleanliness. Comfort. Convenience», «Engineering ad Design», «Training. Personnel. Career») and business seminars, company presentations, professional shows and contests for the hotel industry professionals and students.
- The 3rd International Exhibition Moscow Bar Show – for the bar business professionals organized jointly with Andy Bishop – the author of famous London Bar Show. Venue – Hall No 12. The event program includes premieres of brand new beverages for the Russian market, unique master classes by the bar industry icons, seminars by renowned Russian and foreign experts, professional competitions of barmen (Moscow Bar Show CUP) and flairbartenders from across the world (Titans World Open Legend).
With the support of Moscow City Department of Trade and Services and the Federation of Restaurateurs and Hoteliers.
Title partner of PIR Exhibition – METRO Cash & Carry.